Welcome to the Neurodivergent Glossary, Weirdly Successful’s treasure trove of all the terms for neurodivergence! This is where you can find all the definitions for the terms used on the website.
In-depth descriptions, references and links for everything neurodivergence
Learning about the wonderful world of neurodivergence can be overwhelming and a bit of a rabbit hole. Trust us, we’ve been there.
To help you with the process, below you can find all the expressions, terms and special words that can come up.
Glossary term pages contain a lot of information and link to related articles containing that term, so this can help you learn more about a specific term.
We’re constantly updating the glossary with more terms and details, so make sure to check back often!
Take the neurodivergent glossary with you: look for definitions in the articles!
You don’t have to read this all in one go! Feel free to just go off and browse the blog. Because the glossary is always with you – if you need it! Here’s how.
- If you encounter a term in an article that has a definition, it is underlined with a dotted line. It will look like this: dyslexia.
- Just hover over it (or click on mobile) and a handy little box appears with a short explanation of the term.
- If you then want to know more about that, you can click over to get to the glossary page, or just continue reading the article.
Browse the Neurodivergent Glossary
Neurodivergent conditions and trait groups
Attention and Focus related terms
Neurology and biology
Diagnosis and medication
Society and social attitudes
- Neurodivergent adaptations
- Autistic burnout
- Autistic speech patterns
- Body doubling
- Curb-cut effect
- Decision fatigue
- Diagnostic criteria
- Dopamine pathway
- Emotional dysregulation
- Executive dysfunction
- Sensory avoiding
- Sensory meltdown
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Spiritual bypassing
- Time blindness
- Working memory