There is growing awareness of how accessibility needs tied to various neurodivergent conditions, are much higher in the population than previously thought.
Not only is this due to updated diagnostic criteria that better address neurodivergent traits, but because of the emergence of the executive dysfunction framework that points to accessibility needs shared not just between ADHD, Autistic, OCD, SPD and SpLD individuals, but also to individuals with anxiety and depressive disorders, PMDD, postpartum and Long COVID.
However, when it comes to accessing and communicating with services, no best practices currently exist to accommodate for neurodivergent conditions and for executive dysfunctions, especially in the field of online user flows and web accessibility.
Much emphasis is given to technological solutions, but not to the user experience of using those technological solutions.
Cognitive challenges and different ways of processing mean that careful consideration has to be made to the overall user experience flow, setting expectations, organising and presenting information, down to the very wording of questions and tasks.
Weirdly Successful is uniquely placed to consult in such projects.
We’ve been pioneers in the field of online course development and delivery in the adult non-formal education sector, through the women’s self-development portal urban:eve (est. 2008).
We were the first to develop needs-based, neurodivergence-friendly communication frameworks for our website, newsletter, technical signup, and course communication processes.
We’ve maintained email, survey and course engagement and retention rates way above industry averages.
We’ve helped over 6000 people by providing neurodivergent-friendly adaptations for work and life through our courses and consulting work. Our support helped them create more fulfilling lives while being supported in doing the work they are best at.
Besides our professional experience, our team is also 100% neurodivergent with various configurations of ADHD, ASC, OCD and SPD, giving us a unique combination of being experts on our own needs as well as understanding the bigger scope of neurodivergent conditions. Among themselves, our founders have certifications in Understanding Autism, Specific Learning Difficulties, Counselling, and Adam is a qualified ADHD coach as well.
Is this you?
- You know you have neurodivergent employees, colleagues, or teams. (And you’re right, statistically 20% of them should be. In certain industries, even more.)
- What you don’t know is what to say, what to do, how to help, how to solve problems and conflicts, and how to be respectful while maintaining a work environment
- Creating an inclusive and welcoming environment is good manners – and good business. Neurodivergent employees can be extremely productive and creative and can excel if they have the right conditions and are supported for their needs.
- We offer neurodivergent-friendly training, workshops and consultancy so that every employee can do their best work.
Best practices & insights for companies to reach their DEI goals.
- You recognise that your clientele is neurodivergent. And you know they’re falling through the cracks.
- But there are no best practices to accommodate for neurodivergent conditions.
- How do you make your communications, surveys, and intake forms more inclusive? How do you help those with executive functioning challenges?
- In neurodivergence, tiny changes can make big impacts. We provide tangible & effective solutions for every budget.
Bespoke consultation services for health & mental health providers in the public and private sector.
What our clients are saying
How we can help your company or service
Neurodivergence Kickstart Session
- A one-off, 3-hour call with our experts where we share best practices and essential strategies, and provide general guidance on neurodiversity inclusivity.
- An overview of common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Includes Q&A to address any specific concerns or questions
Neurodivergence Enhancement Package
- Includes everything from the Kickstart Session
- Detailed review and feedback on your existing protocols, guidance, and training material
- Recommendations for changes and improvements to foster a more inclusive environment
- 2 follow-up calls for additional questions and to discuss the implementation of our recommendations
Neurodivergence Transformation Package
- Includes everything from the Enhancement Package
- 3 to 6 collaboration sessions, each 3 hours long, to work closely together on creating new, inclusive frameworks
- More time for customization, feedback, and adjustments based on your company’s unique needs
- Ongoing email support for the duration of the collaboration
- Final review and adjustments after the implementation of new strategies
Please note that these packages are just a guide and we can tailor any package to better suit your needs.